Why is eLeadership important?
eLeadership means a balancing many roles and carrying them out via communications technologies! Leadership is not limited to a position or job; it is a world view and a way of being in the world. It takes vision and imagination as well as knowledge, to be a leader.
I define leadership as the ability to bring people, tools and resources together to work collaboratively, solve problems and achieve results. In the world today, we need to bring people together across national, geographic, cultural and other boundaries, using communications technologies tools to achieve results.
The Vision2Lead eLeadership TypologySM suggests that 6 inter-related skill areas are needed for success in a digitally connected, fast-changing globally-relevant organization:
- VISIONARY: To see the big picture and translate it for others.
- CONVENER: To bring diverse people and organizations together to find common ground and solve problems.
- TEAM SPONSOR: To form and guide on-site and virtual teams.
- MANAGER: To obtain and allocate resources with full accountability, and manage on site and virtual organizations.
- INNOVATOR: To discover new ways of doing the unexpected.
- MENTOR: To foster new leadership.
Areas of eLeadership where we focus efforts:
We can help develop the necessary skills and policies to apply the Vision2Lead eLeadership TypologySM in your organization or project through:
- Presentations and Workshops: Teaching and training participants about how to understand and apply models, conceptual frameworks and best eLeadership practices.
- Consulting: Working with you to integrate the eLeadership into effective systems and practices through curriculum design, professional or faculty development.